Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ah, Valentine's Day...♥

Another lovely one with Dennis. Funny, how I've grown to take it so for granted that my Valentine's Day will always be special, even if all we do is stay in bed all morning, talking and *ahem* stuff.

We've been together now for almost three years. In fact, if will BE three years exactly in ten days on February 24th. I always forget the date (and so does he so I really don't feel too badly about that). Every time we talk about how long we have been together - usually on holidays such as this - neither one of us can remember the exact date "We" began. We both remember the moment it was official though...

I was down in the dumps and in need of a kind gesture or word or something...when he came to me bearing a gift (my green hookah) and stole my heart. We'd been flirtatious for a while already but...there really was no official commitment yet. But that day and that simple gift sealed it. And I've not been disappointed. The generosity and kindness Dennis has shown me over the last three years amazes me and I am so happy and grateful and tickled that he is in my life - every single day, not just Valentine's Day.

I can honestly say that I will love him forever.

(And that is a damn long time by the way and I am not one to make such grandiose and marvelous, fantastical statements on a regular basis!)

Our day was really nice. It started off sweet and steamy in the boudoir and meandered off in the direction of ordinary (laundry) and delicious (chocolates). We then set off to have breakfast at our favorite breakfast-type place: The Omelette & Waffle Shop. Yum. I had my usual, their cheddar and jalapeno waffle with a side of scrambled eggs. Heavenly.

And then, after we ate we set off on our way to our dance class. It was Foxtrot today, a very fun dance. We always have fun at our class though, regardless of the particular style. My sweetie is very talented and a super good lead!

And now I am back at home, waiting for him to get off work (folks do need to earn a dollar dontchaknow) but he ought to be home very soon and we will continue our day until it is time for me to fall asleep in his arms, just like I hope to every night for the rest of my life.

I truly am a very lucky girl. ♥

No comments: