Just a few days ago, while surfing the 'net, I wandered accross the webpage of someone I used to work with over a decade ago. J. seemed to be doing pretty well for himself so I decided to drop him a line and say "hello". A conversation ensued and my original determination was correct - he is indeed doing well both professionally and personally.
Splendid.
I love hearing about old friends who made good.
Here is the weird trip around the universe though: Not 5 hours later, my phone rings. OMG it's another person who used to work at the same shop as the guy I contacted previously, that I haven't heard from in over a decade either I think, calling me out of the blue to say "hello"! (By accident really since he was a tad bit in the intoxicated direction, but it was a random call from the same corner of my universe just the same.)
We had a nice little conversation, promised to keep in touch and meandered back to the paths we had originally been on prior to our random encounter. For him, it was back to the party he was attending. For me it was back to snoozing on the couch with my sweetie. ♥
The universe, she is an odd one. Just plain odd. But I love it!
Splendid.
I love hearing about old friends who made good.
Here is the weird trip around the universe though: Not 5 hours later, my phone rings. OMG it's another person who used to work at the same shop as the guy I contacted previously, that I haven't heard from in over a decade either I think, calling me out of the blue to say "hello"! (By accident really since he was a tad bit in the intoxicated direction, but it was a random call from the same corner of my universe just the same.)
We had a nice little conversation, promised to keep in touch and meandered back to the paths we had originally been on prior to our random encounter. For him, it was back to the party he was attending. For me it was back to snoozing on the couch with my sweetie. ♥
The universe, she is an odd one. Just plain odd. But I love it!

No comments:
Post a Comment