Friday, August 22, 2008

The agony of defeat.

I think it is fairly obvious, given the complete lack of any sort of "YAY!" post whatsoever, that my daughter did not get let out on parole last Wednesday.

*sigh*

Well, I guess that is just the way it goes.

*cue somber melody*

In other, non-related yet still sucktastic news... I took another cut in pay this afternoon so it looks like Den and I will need to find more things to scale back on in terms of our monthly budget to the tune of approximately $100.00.

Too bad that pretty much everything that could have been cut already has been.

*SIGH*

Were not for the good news of N. and C* setting a date for their handfasting and the prospect of sitting down with N. at tonight's shindig to discuss not only her upcoming event but Dennis and mine's as well (providing that K. comes home by next spring and that we are able to scrape up some monies to purchase the necessities), this weekend would have pretty much been a bust.

No comments: